6.0L LQ4 2 block heaters?

Hey guys got a 2003 hummer h2 with a LQ4 I believe 6.0l v8 and I got the dealership installed block heater and I believe it’s a 400w but in edmonton it’s -40 Fahrenheit lately and I want more heat. Was thinking about getting another block heater or replacing this current one with a bigger one. What should I do? Or what do you guys recommend. I know this 1 block heater is prob good enough but I wanna make it slightly overkill and have more heat

thx

Well, the LQ4 in my truck starts up well enough, even without being plugged in, this week, and with a weak battery in Edmonton...

But, if you really want to do something, I would suggest:

-a battery warmer, as the battery is more important nowadays with all the eletroncis in your truck

-an inline, circulating coolant heater (easier install and gets all the coolant heated)

Edited by davester

When I was up that way I used the K05 heater and a inline heater hose heater ( on pass side, mounted vertically as instructions say ) at same time. Got heat in cab very fast.

That said, the battery warmer can really help with cold starts as well. Engine heaters, when its that cold, can only prolong the life of the engine  as well.