08 GMC SIERRA low oil pressure, reading 130kpa need help

Oil level? If good might be something getting caught in the pickup, or the screen under the oil pressure sensor. When it dropped to 0 did the lifters start to make noise? This would be an indication that the pressure is actually low and not just a sensor issue. 

Edited by Brian715
  • Like 1

Thanks for the fast reply !!Caught in pickup? No noise that I could hear ,I'm going to change the oil tomorow and filter ,it has a fram filter on it and I've read some bad reviews on it clogging ,any insight to that ? Also what's your thoughts on running a quart of  automatic transmission fluid for 15 min befor draining to clean gunk out ? 

4 hours ago, dsr611 said:

On 1/24/2020 at 8:25 PM, CamGTP said:

The pressure sensors are a known issue as well. They fail often. Always replace the filter screen along with the sensor as you are already there.

Thanks guys ,turns out it was a dirty fram filter I switched it out and changed the oil ,and it's back to normal:)

On 1/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, Brian715 said:

Oil level? If good might be something getting caught in the pickup, or the screen under the oil pressure sensor. When it dropped to 0 did the lifters start to make noise? This would be an indication that the pressure is actually low and not just a sensor issue. 

It was a dirty fram filter ,thanks alot  ,this gmc forum is awesome