2002 express daytime running lamp module

ssr

I have a 2002 Chevy Express 3500 with a daytime running light module that's gone bad. If the part is in place, the battery drains within a couple of hours. If I pull it, none of the lights work (including turn signals and headlights).
I know the part -- its an acdelco 15762895, which it looks like was used on the 2000-2002 Express and Savana of all sizes.

The problem is that as far as me or my mechanic can tell, AC Delco stopped making this part this year. And none of the parts warehouses can get it any more. its not even on ebay anywhere. I just went to a couple of LA area junk yards, and everyone seems to pull this part first these days.

... so my question is... does anyone have an alternative way around? Is there a way to bypass this device, or is there an aftermarket version out there made by someone else? (Dorman doesn't seem to make anything yet either).

I'm pretty sure I can get away without the daytime running lights working in LA, so long as the rest work. But they seem to all be linked through this unit.

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2020 at 4:07 PM, ssr said:

I have a 2002 Chevy Express 3500 with a daytime running light module that's gone bad. If the part is in place, the battery drains within a couple of hours. If I pull it, none of the lights work (including turn signals and headlights).
I know the part -- its an acdelco 15762895, which it looks like was used on the 2000-2002 Express and Savana of all sizes.

The problem is that as far as me or my mechanic can tell, AC Delco stopped making this part this year. And none of the parts warehouses can get it any more. its not even on ebay anywhere. I just went to a couple of LA area junk yards, and everyone seems to pull this part first these days.

... so my question is... does anyone have an alternative way around? Is there a way to bypass this device, or is there an aftermarket version out there made by someone else? (Dorman doesn't seem to make anything yet either).

I'm pretty sure I can get away without the daytime running lights working in LA, so long as the rest work. But they seem to all be linked through this unit.

I have a 2002 gmc savana. Having an issue with no high beams. Havent solved it yet as of October 27 2021. But, I do have a new multifunction switch on order. Gotta replace it first to eliminate it. I’ve done everything  else. These Gm vans have the worst interior quality. Terrible. Door labels break on their own. Dash. Switches. Wiring. Dash trim. Steering column pieces. It’s unacceptable. 

when diagnosing my headlight issue…I unplugged the door buzzer/daytime running light module mid underneath dash. It eliminated my DRL and door dings noise. I kinda like that. Are you wanting to  replace yours just to have the sound and DRL?