School me on memory seat please

GregG10

2020 GMC AT4

I can not figure out the memory seat at least the way my 2014 LTZ worked. The only way I have found to go from seat setting one to two is to hold down the button on the door until the seat starts moving or you get in the truck and start the engine. Starting the engine is really not an option for me if my wife drives (not expected often). She is 5’ 1”, I am 6’1” and can not get under the steering wheel with my leg to push the brake! The remotes do recognize the driver by the remote and change all the user preferences, just not the seat!

On my 2014 when you unlocked the drivers door with the remote the seat would move into the position saved either setting one or two depending on which remote was used.

I have searched this group and yes I have looked through the manual and think I have all the setting correct. It does say in the manual to push and HOLD the preselected button (one or two) to move the seat. Weird because my 2014 you would just quick push the button and the seat would move all the way to the selected spot. It takes a while for the seat to go from the closest setting for my wife clear back to make room for me. Only time this is a problem really is when launching our boat because I back it down and she parks it.

Other than this very minor problem I am loving this truck!!!

EBA4B694-BDCB-40F2-8F45-EBD49A3C1DF2.jpeg

See the 1, 2 and the weird looking button? Then set?

With it set to your wife’s profile, move the seat back to where you can get in and then press set and the weird looking button, that is the exit position setting and will default to that when the vehicle is powered off and door opened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, MX86 said:

See the 1, 2 and the weird looking button? Then set?

With it set to your wife’s profile, move the seat back to where you can get in and then press set and the weird looking button, that is the exit position setting and will default to that when the vehicle is powered off and door opened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will definitely set that button, I saw that in the manual and actually forgot about it. I guess that will work but not the same as I am used too. Thanks

29 minutes ago, GregG10 said:

I will definitely set that button, I saw that in the manual and actually forgot about it. I guess that will work but not the same as I am used too. Thanks

The newer gm memory seats now give the choices for how the exit and/or entry functions work with ,memory seats. 

If the RKE transmitter is 1 or 2, and Seat Entry Memory is enabled in vehicle personalization,
the positions saved to the same memory button number 1 or 2 are automatically recalled when the vehicle is turned on, or turned from off to ACC/ACCESSORY

Seat Exit Memory is not linked to an RKE transmitter. The position saved to 'funny looking' button used for all drivers. 

Seat exit memory can be turned on/off in personalization.

If turned on, the position saved to 'the 'funny looking' button is automatically recalled when one of the following occurs:
. The vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened within a short time.
. The vehicle is turned off with the driver door open. To stop Seat Exit Memory