Lowering truck one more inch

This is on a 2018 gmc Sierra. I have the 2" drop shackles and removed the blocks.  So total drop is around 3" in the rear and the truck still isn't quite level or low enough for me. I want to drop the rear 1" more which I think will put the truck where I want it. I have searched all over for the answer to my question but cant get a clear answer. Is my only option to lower it that last inch to flip the axles? Any suggestions?

I am at about a 4 to 4.5" drop on my truck.  To get lower than the combination of removing the block and using a drop shackle on its lowest setting you will need a flip kit.  You won't regret it.  If you do it you'll need to drop your front a little to be level (unless you want the nose in the air).

There is a great thread on lowering trucks stickied on the Mods forum for our model trucks that is really long but certainly worth a read.  I went all the way through it before dropping my truck.  Sometimes it can be hard to get a clear understanding but if you are unsure post a question on that thread and you will get a response.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UofAZCats said:

I am at about a 4 to 4.5" drop on my truck.  To get lower than the combination of removing the block and using a drop shackle on its lowest setting you will need a flip kit.  You won't regret it.  If you do it you'll need to drop your front a little to be level (unless you want the nose in the air).

There is a great thread on lowering trucks stickied on the Mods forum for our model trucks that is really long but certainly worth a read.  I went all the way through it before dropping my truck.  Sometimes it can be hard to get a clear understanding but if you are unsure post a question on that thread and you will get a response.

Thanks,  I seen the thread but it looked so intimidating with so many pages lol. Im going to give it a read and see what path I want to take. 

As you can see in the picture the rear isn't level

20190418_160848.jpg

https://www.americantrucks.com/max-trac-75-rear-flip-lowering-kit-0718-sierra-1500-gmc.html

would this kit be the one I need to lower it that last inch? Would I need anything else like shock extenders?

Edited by SlowGMC

On 2/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, Jword said:

Hey if u want little more drop  use leaf straps  under 20$ any auto parts store , did mine for 1.5” 

there actually for wheel hop etc 

Tell me more? I've never heard of these? Are they supposed to be like traction bars 

Edited by SlowGMC

26 minutes ago, Jword said:

Yes or in place of mine are very close to axel so less drop stiffer ride but I like it so I’m at 9.5” lower.  I payed like 15$ autozone 

Anyway you could take some pictures and show me