Silverado 1500 time to play

Now that all the kinks r worked out and trucks running great time to continue with the upgrades. When I bought the truck the engine was rebuilt and there's a monster cam in it(not sure which) headers and exhaust and a K & N cold air setup. I'm looking at upgrading the upper and lower manifolds, throttle body, injectors and fuel pump. It's been a while since I've built up a V8 so I'm in need of some wisdom and advice. The last 8 I built was my first mustang 16 years ago, so I'm a bit rusty. Any advice on what parts work well together, or any advice at all will be greatly appreciated 

Here are some fun facts.

You only have one intake manifold, no lower/upper combo. It's just one giant intake manifold that is bolted to the cylinder head. There is no reason to change it, it is the best flowing stock truck intake already and you will never outflow it's horsepower potential while being a NA engine build.

Stock 2010 truck injectors should flow plenty of fuel. If your truck is flex fuel, it will flow even more. Likely enough for 150 horsepower over what it makes stock. The stock fuel pump is already big enough and if it's a flex fuel truck they will support all the way to 500-550whp on pump gas. That is over double the wheel horsepower the truck makes stock.

Throttle body, same thing here. Unless this is some monster build you are planning on top of the current mods, I don't see it being a restriction.

I think it would be wise to see how the current setup is running. If you have a friend with a tuner or a local shop that does tuning, you could see what you can gain from there. Changing parts just to change parts isn't going to do you any good. You need to know where you stand now before doing anything else. It's possible that the current calibration could be done better and there is a gain to be had with a better tune using good quality fuel.

• Like 1

Leave the Throttle body, injectors, and fuel pump alone. As said by CamGTP, there is only one intake manifold. I do suggest getting a TBSS intake or GMT900 intake as they flow much better. Some slight modifications might need to be made but its the best upgrade for your situation in my opinion. Like said above as well, if you're flex fueling wont be an issue. A lot of blown GMT800 flexes do pretty well with stock fueling.

• 4 weeks later...

Typical bolt - ons : headers, mufflers,cold air intake, throttle body spacer, electric fan, chip/programmer. Coils.

Staying naturally aspirated, I recommend a better set of heads, cam, hydraulic roller lifters 

If you see a turbo in your future, I recommend beefing up the bottom end . Mainly rods n pistons. 

600hp is easily accessible with a turbo kit n programming. With boost under 10 psi. Once u exceed that it's only a matter of time before bottom end failure .And all it takes is the click of a mouse.

Plus with a bullet proof bottom end, adding another turbo, the hard part is already done. What comes after Dad is driveline rear end transmission