2019 Tahoe Carplay keeps playing after car off

I have an old iPhone that I keep in the car connected via cable all the time. It provides me with Carplay (maps and music).

The only problem I have is after the car is off and lights are out, the music keeps "playing" for about a minute on the phone. There is no sound, but the time on the track keeps going. If it was just music, I wouldn't care. But this is audiobook and now every time I get back in the car I have to scroll back about a minute.

Anyone knows why? Suggestions?

Quick question, are you certain the audiobook continues to play or is it starting immediately upon restarting the car and you don't hear it until the bluetooth connects?  If it's using the USB to connect sound then ignore my question.  I just know there is a 30 second or so delay before my phone connects via bluetooth and there is a known issue of phones automatically starting to play upon connection to the car.  The power to the USB/Retained Power Accessory should be shut off upon opening the door so I wouldn't think that would be causing the phone to continue playing.  I'd guess somewhere in Apple's settings you'll find the answer.

4 hours ago, mikemcclain8 said:

If it's using the USB to connect sound then ignore my question

It's CarPlay - it only works through USB. And I'm sure it keeps playing after. I can see time countdown on the phone screen. It stops about a minute after car is turned off.

• 3 weeks later...