Trans won’t shift out of first

My transmission in my 03 z71 went out so I swapped it with an 02. I don’t know anything about the internals but my friend said it’s been sitting for a while so he swapped the solenoids out for the good ones in my old trans. And he swapped the NSS . Transmission shifts good into gear and reverse . And when I first pulled it out of the shop it would shift into first and second but not 3rd . we went back out more fluid in it to where it was supposed to be but now it will not shift out of first manually or otherwise

maybe try scanning for codes from the tcm.  you'll need a better code reader to do it.

Is it the 4l60e?  Are you sure it's a compatible swap?  From what I've read, GM was altering the 4l60e all the time, so there was limited compatibility across years [I have no way to know one way or the other, just read that it's like this].

35 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Same issue when i did a swap on the Transfer case. make sure all the connectors are plugged in. 

Everything should be plugged in. Which connectors are you talking about exactly