Lomax Tri-Fold or Extang Xceed

Hello All,

I'm looking for a low profile tri-fold cover (i know the Lomax isn't exactly tri-fold), that is as watertight as humanly possible.  I've owned 5 Chevy Avalanches over the years and i got spoiled with that sealed cover/bed.

2020 GMC 1500 Denali short bed with multi-gate.  

The two I'm interested in are as follows

1. Lomax Hard trifold cover B3020079  This is the urethane finish version.  I figured the exterior would be more durible with the extra coating since i do at times in the summer load beach chairs and boogie boards on top for the 1/4 mile drive back to my house.  Is the exterior more durable on the urethane versions than the two options.  Does anyone have any real world pictures of the urethane finish?  Don't want it to be too shiny.

2. Extang Xceed 85456  I know this is a new cover, so I couldn't find many long term reviews.

We are in the north east, so winters can be a bit rough and rain infiltration as previously stated is a major concern.  I also spend a ton of time at the beach in the summer so sand getting into the rails, seams and locking mechanisms shouldn't do any damage

Which one would you all choose, and for anyone who has had either of my two options, please feel free to give me your input.   

Thanks,

Tony

I have had the xceed for several months. Has some small leaks coming in the front corners. Probably could adjust it to make it a little better, but haven't had the time. I had the undercover ultraflex on my '14. The xceed leaks way less than the undercover.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Just curious why you are limiting yourself to just those two covers.   I have a Gator EFX Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover on my truck and i love it compared to my previous cover which was a solid fold.  I like the flush look much better along with the ease of pulling a cable on one side to allow me to unlatch both sides at the same time from one side of the truck.  Before i would have to unclip each side one at a time to start flipping.   I have not had any leaking issues but i have only been through the carwash once so far as i tend to hand wash my truck.  Removal is a breeze with just spinning 4 giant knobs to loosen the clips.  Perhaps the two you mention above are the same.  I picked mine up for $539 on Amazon and i would buy another one if needed.  I have not tried either of the two you mentioned.

12 hours ago, imadebogey said:

I have had the xceed for several months. Has some small leaks coming in the front corners. Probably could adjust it to make it a little better, but haven't had the time. I had the undercover ultraflex on my '14. The xceed leaks way less than the undercover.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.  I'm sure the weather striping can be built up or adjusted like you said.  It appears that most, if not all covers leak a little.  

4 hours ago, jeepincbum11 said:

Just curious why you are limiting yourself to just those two covers.   I have a Gator EFX Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover on my truck and i love it compared to my previous cover which was a solid fold.  I like the flush look much better along with the ease of pulling a cable on one side to allow me to unlatch both sides at the same time from one side of the truck.  Before i would have to unclip each side one at a time to start flipping.   I have not had any leaking issues but i have only been through the carwash once so far as i tend to hand wash my truck.  Removal is a breeze with just spinning 4 giant knobs to loosen the clips.  Perhaps the two you mention above are the same.  I picked mine up for $539 on Amazon and i would buy another one if needed.  I have not tried either of the two you mentioned.

I choose those two due to the popularity on different forums for Ram and Ford trucks.  I know the multi-pro gate may offer some additional challenges compared to a standard tailgate.  I never thought to look at the Gator brand.  I will now add that one to my list.

Thanks for the input everyone.  I ordered the Lomax from truckalterations.com.  There just wasn't enough info out there for long term tests on the Xceed.  

Thanks,

TDio. 

Thanks for the input everyone.  I ordered the Lomax from truckalterations.com.  There just wasn't enough info out there for long term tests on the Xceed.  

Thanks,
TDio. 

I got the same cover from the same vendor. Luke has always treated me right. The LoMax is a great cover. Had one on my F150 and now on my Sierra.