Retrax Rail Options

After reading many posts I have decided that for my purposes the Retrax cover is the one I should get.

During that research I found comments that the stake pockets can be a source of water intrusion through the electrical outlet.  I found some covers for those pockets but i am wondering if the best solution would be the Retrax wide rail option that will cover them.  I can't see me ever using the stake pockets so I am not worried about access.  For extra protection I could do both the covers and the wide rails.

Does anyone have experience with the wide rail option?

If your talking about the new style trucks, when I ordered mine they said they didn't offer a wide rail option for the T1's.

I didn't cover my pockets because there is still enough room to use them when you are using the bumper steps to get into the box.

I pulled my plugs and outlet out and put a small amount of silicone to seal them up.

Very little water gets into my box.

Tom

I went to their site to price the wide rails and there was no option for that.  I sent them a message but I think it is still unavailable.  I guess I will try your silicone solution when I get the truck. 

How hard is it to get the plugs out to work on them?

Edited by zelmo

I love the wide rails and have had them on 4 of my 5 retrax covers but they were not offered on my 2020.  I get hardly any water in the bed at all and have not done anything to the pockets.  Once you install yours you will see that the trick to water is the angle of the inside of the rail itself.  This needs to be installed correctly so the water will run down to the drain tubes.  Good decision on the retrax pro!