Posted in mods thread but probably goes better here.

Who’s running 35” (or 70lb+) tires on a 6.2 truck with the 10 speed and 3:23s?

Does it need a re-gear? Looking at a 6” BDS & 35” Toyo MTs

Can you hear swap these trucks? Never thought I’d ask that question, never thought I’d drive a space ship either.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the amount it costs to tune a 2019+ plus, I don't think many have even thought about doing different gears. Unless there is a cheaper solution on the market that I haven't read about yet.

With the amount it costs to tune a 2019+ plus, I don't think many have even thought about doing different gears. Unless there is a cheaper solution on the market that I haven't read about yet.

My thinking too. I’m not seeing anybody even offering gears for these rigs.

I am curious how they handle the heavy tires with factory gears though. I’ve heard the 10 speed makes up a lot of ground that older gens struggles with, and gears aren’t as needed.

The more gears the transmission has the less a gear change should matter.

Would be a way different story if the truck was a 4 speed auto or 6 speed auto with 3.23's or 3.42's running 35's that are this heavy. A truck like that would be a complete slug and horrible to drive around town in my opinion.

With all the pictures and threads floating around with people running 34's and 35's on their T1 trucks, I'd guess that it's not hurting too much when the engine has over 400 horsepower/torque. The speedo thing would annoy me and the reduction in fuel mileage from the lift/tires but for some that seems to be a non factor.

The more gears the transmission has the less a gear change should matter.

Would be a way different story if the truck was a 4 speed auto or 6 speed auto with 3.23's or 3.42's running 35's that are this heavy. A truck like that would be a complete slug and horrible to drive around town in my opinion.

With all the pictures and threads floating around with people running 34's and 35's on their T1 trucks, I'd guess that it's not hurting too much when the engine has over 400 horsepower/torque. The speedo thing would annoy me and the reduction in fuel mileage from the lift/tires but for some that seems to be a non factor.

My thinking too. Dealer can adjust speedo, MPG would take a hit, prolly 2mpg or more. Am wondering who here has experience with it.

I tow a boat lots of summer weekends, but with the torque this things putting out I’m not overly concerned.

I was running 38s on a 5.3 with the 4 speed and had to run 4:88s to get where I wanted. 4:56s we’re close to stock, at 4:88 it towed well. Don’t ask about MPGs....

I'm running 37s on my 6.2 10spd and I tow anywhere from 7k lbs to as little as 2k lbs depending on what's in there trailer. There is an 11% speed/ mileage change but not terriblea95e2c99d30e7bba64fc357f2e1e223f.jpg2fae4bd740f1bc4e2577e1dbfafd0b8d.jpg8d58ffb013efe650cc9d086a760b5bd4.jpg 

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

First, hats off sir. Awesome looking rig!

How does it pull? My boat is about 6500 fully loaded. Your truck handle the weigh ok or does it struggle? Like downshifting non-stop or holding 3k rpms to run 60, anything like that?

Looks like your running Ironman All Country MTs, which at 37x12.50 weigh 75lbs. The tires I’m looking at at 80lbs (even in a 35). So your experience should be really comparable to what I can expect. I appreciate it

TIA sir

I highly doubt you'll have any major issues that would make a regear worth it. Obviously youre going to lose MPG and its not going to tow like it would factory.

I'd really shop around and make sure you're getting the right lift/wheel/tire combination that suites your needs. Make sure you're getting a light weight wheel and tire that isnt complete overkill for what you'll be using it for. A lot of these big tires are E rated and would be good for a 1ton truck. You can get away with a lower rated tire that will still do good with what you're pulling and in turn be much lighter.

First, hats off sir. Awesome looking rig!

How does it pull? My boat is about 6500 fully loaded. Your truck handle the weigh ok or does it struggle? Like downshifting non-stop or holding 3k rpms to run 60, anything like that?

TIA sir

Thanks. I just got new wheels and tires bc apparently 30k is as far as ironman tires will go, lol. Will post pics as soon as the wheels arrive.

Pulling and stopping is great considering how much weight is back there. Might notice a little longer pull uphill but I still have ho problem passing or even maintaining 75mph (actual according to GPS) I will say that the lift and large sidewall did make have to buy airbags and hellwig rear sway bar to keep her from wiggling down the road. This could also be from the fact that my trailer is 8'4" of flat parachute that I'm dragging down the road. I also changed the wheel/ tire setup for less sidewall, but again I won't get the wheels until next wk to give any input on that

I highly doubt you'll have any major issues that would make a regear worth it. Obviously youre going to lose MPG and its not going to tow like it would factory.

I'd really shop around and make sure you're getting the right lift/wheel/tire combination that suites your needs. Make sure you're getting a light weight wheel and tire that isnt complete overkill for what you'll be using it for. A lot of these big tires are E rated and would be good for a 1ton truck. You can get away with a lower rated tire that will still do good with what you're pulling and in turn be much lighter.

Thanks. I’ve run more than my fair share of wheels and tires on different rigs through the years. DDs and trail rigs the like. Beauty of the inter webs is you can cut out some trial and error........ which is why I’m asking.

I run E rated tires because about 30% of my trucks life is on quartz rock trails that cut sidewalls like they’re butter.

Really am focused on how these trucks are handling 75 or 80lb tires. Plenty of 60lb options out there. Hearing from folks DD a 6.2 10 speed with a 75lb tire would be good though. Appreciate it

Thanks. I just got new wheels and tires bc apparently 30k is as far as ironman tires will go, lol. Will post pics as soon as the wheels arrive.

Pulling and stopping is great considering how much weight is back there. Might notice a little longer pull uphill but I still have ho problem passing or even maintaining 75mph (actual according to GPS) I will say that the lift and large sidewall did make have to buy airbags and hellwig rear sway bar to keep her from wiggling down the road. This could also be from the fact that my trailer is 8'4" of flat parachute that I'm dragging down the road. I also changed the wheel/ tire setup for less sidewall, but again I won't get the wheels until next wk to give any input on that

Sweet, appreciate it man. You just bag the rear?

I hear ya on the wiggle. I was running 38s on 16” wheels on a really light half ton single cab with step side fiberglass bed many moons ago. Might as well have strapped basketballs on the back

Sweet, appreciate it man. You just bag the rear?

I hear ya on the wiggle. I was running 38s on 16” wheels on a really light half ton single cab with step side fiberglass bed many moons ago. Might as well have strapped basketballs on the back

I bagged it last fall and that has helped tremendously on keeping the trailer still but as you know the 37s still kept letting semis give me a wiggle. The sway bar has stopped the wiggle from other vehicles but a strong gust of wind can still move me.

Hopefully these new tires will give me a little more footprint and less sidewall for sway
*yes, I know these are going "bro" which I've always hated on in the past but since I've bought 4 wheelers, my truck sees more off roading on construction sites at work than any mud/ play areas5666b497dd83c1665df18e9e5d97e5c9.jpg15774f258c17d9f84a39671bba198a92.jpg

I bagged it last fall and that has helped tremendously on keeping the trailer still but as you know the 37s still kept letting semis give me a wiggle. The sway bar has stopped the wiggle from other vehicles but a strong gust of wind can still move me.

Hopefully these new tires will give me a little more footprint and less sidewall for sway
*yes, I know these are going "bro" which I've always hated on in the past but since I've bought 4 wheelers, my truck sees more off roading on construction sites at work than any mud/ play areas5666b497dd83c1665df18e9e5d97e5c9.jpg15774f258c17d9f84a39671bba198a92.jpg

Nice, 24s are going to look really good man, can’t wait to see

Nice, 24s are going to look really good man, can’t wait to see

Yeah I test fit my buddy's wheels and everybody said that they look that much better and I still don't have the "poke" that I hatee21bb9f2438d3165ebba709417ce6a32.jpg80a09ff12c69f0900647c03c724bfba2.jpg

Yeah I test fit my buddy's wheels and everybody said that they look that much better and I still don't have the "poke" that I hatee21bb9f2438d3165ebba709417ce6a32.jpg80a09ff12c69f0900647c03c724bfba2.jpg

Wow, changes the whole look of the truck! If I could run a 37 I’d run 24s. I’m only lifting 6” on an SLT, so it won’t be high enough. Looking at 22s with 35s