SIERRA CREW CAB VENT SHADE

So what is the consensus on vent shades?   Looking to get some for my 2015 sierra crew cab all terrain.  AVS or Weather Tech in Channel or mount on outside? What does everyone have?

They make some wind noise but it’s minimal.

I have the “low profile” ones that are not in-channel. I like them. They sit way flatter than the normal tape-ons, you can barely see em.

461c99e320410fcfed1ebb2fe5e01f94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had AVS in-channel before. While they look nice, what kept happening to me was that after a while the tape they use on the outer face up in the channel would let go as it’s not the same as the tape on automotive stuff. Plus it’s stuck to the fuzzy window channel, not clean metal or plastic. So after a few months, whenever I’d open my driver’s window, the vent shade would drop down slightly. Not enuff to see that it had, but juuuust enuff to put it out of line with the channel and so as I put my
Window back up, it would snap loudly into place. And eventually it snapped and flew off on the highway.

Went straight back to tape ons after that and never had a problem. And these low-profile ones look about as good as the in-channels, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk