Silverado Crew cab sub box

Built a sub box and added a lot of functional storage space. Waiting on harness to connect my amp.

IMG_20200503_153306_MP (1).jpg

IMG_20200503_153350_MP (1).jpg

IMG_20200503_153312_MP (1).jpg

IMG_20200426_162116_MP.jpg

IMG_20200426_174741_MP.jpg

IMG_20200508_082840_MP.jpg

IMG_20200508_082831_MP.jpg

Edited by Gduck24
picture fail
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TrustyDusty said:

Is that carpeted or sprayed? Looks really good. Nice job!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks!  Its the really cheap, thin sub box carpet off amazon.  Some staples, some glued at joints. 

8 minutes ago, HayaCruza said:

Looks good!

I like the rounded edges, that is a good addition both front and back.

Basically, you have a DIY Kicker system.

Is that a 10" sub?

How much volume did you end up with?

Any reason you chose upfiring instead of downfiring?

Thanks.  I didnt measure the volume, because it was bigger than my last box and it sounded good before. Guessing a tad over 1 cubic foot by my rough calculation and memory.   I have built so many boxes, many of them undersized with foam in them, and I can't hardly tell the difference.  I guess I burnt out the frequencies that I'm missing with a smaller box.  Its a 10",  I was going to do down firing like my last box, but it would have been tighter on airspace, and the location of the speaker would have been pushed way closer to the front. Also didnt want to mess with feet, or cutouts along the edges.  Dont guess it would have mattered.  I like downfiring for protection of the speaker, sound is subjective.  Had several boxes like this one firing up at the back wall and they sounded ok.  Still dont have my harness so I dont even know.  Factory bose is ok, but I think the door speakers are over worked and it just wont hit the lowest frequencies so this is just to relieve those speakers and round out the sound. 

10 minutes ago, PaulpHebert said:

Where are you/did you mount your amp?

Harness plugs into bose behind back seat mounted to wall.  I saw another thread that if you cut some of the foam back there you can mount the amp on the wall with the bose stuff.  Foam is not the seat foam, I think its a sound, or vibration isolation foam that is between the seat and the wall.  

This looks awesome... I still have my old 12" solobaric from my 99 that I would love to mount in my trailboss... what kind of harness is recommended for the most basic platform being a CTB? If this doesn't make any sense I apologize because I don't know anything about all this... haha