Please help with lowering/lifting to level my Denali

Ok so Magneride shocks are blown and I am going to delete them. I am trying to figure out which directions to go.

This is all for a 2016 Yukon Denali 2wd.

Here are choices:

1. Belltech adjustable struts up front and norcalSS rear drop. This will be around a 1/3 and deleting the Magneride.

2. Bilstein 5100 set at 1.7" and delete. I am not sure if I should crank the 5100s or leave them at zero and then run a bottom spacer?

I am good either way stance wise, altho I think lowered would look better, but would be more parts and a bigger pain to get it all right. Leveled is what I normally do, die to simplicity, but then I am going to want bigger tires on my 22s.

Main goal is to get a better ride than the blown Magneride shocks, improve stance without over doing it, and not having the wife kill me. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I would like to bump this thread @Brian P

Drove the wife's Tahoe into work. The "comfort" riding package or whatever they call it, a little too "comfortable" for me. I would like to firm it up a little bit. Wife is usually always on board with upgrades, so all good there.

Looking to go either Bilstein 5100 or 6112/5160 combo.

Did you ever get the 5100s installed? If so, are you happy with them?

I have had 5100s on a different platform, some time ago. But the 6112/5160 caught my eye due many friends being very happy with them. The price difference is about $600 between the set. Just torn, do I need to spend the extra $400 for the added performance that won't really be used?

Edited by 14burrito

I would like to bump this thread [mention=228160]Brian P[/mention]

Drove the wife's Tahoe into work. The "comfort" riding package or whatever they call it, a little too "comfortable" for me. I would like to firm it up a little bit. Wife is usually always on board with upgrades, so all good there.

Looking to go either Bilstein 5100 or 6112/5160 combo.

Did you ever get the 5100s installed? If so, are you happy with them?

I have had 5100s on a different platform, some time ago. But the 6112/5160 caught my eye due many friends being very happy with them. The price difference is about $600 between the set. Just torn, do I need to spend the extra $400 for the added performance that won't really be used?
I ended up going with Monroe 139104 complete strut replacements. I love the ride now and it is definitely a LITTLE firmer than stock. Also leveled the truck just about ....couldn't be happier.

Btw they were extremely affordable.

28 minutes ago, Brian P said:

I ended up going with Monroe 139104 complete strut replacements. I love the ride now and it is definitely a LITTLE firmer than stock. Also leveled the truck just about ....couldn't be happier.

Btw they were extremely affordable.

Thanks for the follow-up.

• Like 1