Rear Sliding Window Seal/Gasket

Don't know when it started doing it, but the driver's side seal/gasket, on the rear slider, has a 3" fold-over about halfway up.  I'll post a picture of it tonight, after my lunch break.

Thoughts/Suggestions on how to fix it?

IMG_1165.JPG

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added Picture

Just went out and took a few more pictures of the problem, and my temp-fix (goes back to the above as soon as I open/close it).

Slider closed with "issue."  ?

IMG_1173.JPG

Slider open with "issue."  ?

IMG_1174.JPG

Slider closed again, "issue" worse.  ?

IMG_1175.JPG

Slider closed, after pulling the gasket/seal "reset."  ?

IMG_1176.JPG

If I reopen the slider, the "issue" returns.  ?

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Adding pictures

16 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Just went out and took a few more pictures of the problem, and my temp-fix (goes back to the above as soon as I open/close it).

Slider closed with "issue."  ?

IMG_1173.JPG

Slider open with "issue."  ?

IMG_1174.JPG

Slider closed again, "issue" worse.  ?

IMG_1175.JPG

Slider closed, after pulling the gasket/seal "reset."  ?

IMG_1176.JPG

If I reopen the slider, the "issue" returns.  ?

Put some blue painters tape on it overnight, stretching the gasket away from the fold to see if you can get it back to it's original memory. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Put some blue painters tape on it overnight, stretching the gasket away from the fold to see if you can get it back to it's original memory. 

I've let it sit for a month, unfolded, and it would still do it.  When I took the above pictures, it was 3 months.  I'm going to leave it all summer, and probably into the winter, to see what happens.

I've let it sit for a month, unfolded, and it would still do it.  When I took the above pictures, it was 3 months.  I'm going to leave it all summer, and probably into the winter, to see what happens.
I would dare offer using a heat gun to warm it slightly? But i wouldn't attempt it unless I had ZERO solution and I didn't want to buy another one...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I don't think it will relax on it's own at this point, think you will have to "create a new memory point" for it.

1 hour ago, VanguardK2 said:

I would dare offer using a heat gun to warm it slightly? But i wouldn't attempt it unless I had ZERO solution and I didn't want to buy another one...

14 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I don't think it will relax on it's own at this point, think you will have to "create a new memory point" for it.

@JimCost2014, Same suggestion as @VanguardK2 made? 

I may just go for the replacement part.

[mention=144073]JimCost2014[/mention], Same suggestion as [mention=208304]VanguardK2[/mention] made? 

I may just go for the replacement part.

If your going to replace it, I'd give the heat gun thing a go. Might as well. If it works it works, if its destroyed, your getting a new one anyway. Kinda can't lose when you have 2 of them [emoji848][emoji6]

• Like 1