DFM - Dynamic Fuel Management - How Do You Monitor???

My understanding of DFM is that it cannot be disabled without purchasing a device such as Range Technology's OBDII plug in.  Is there a way to monitor the state of DFM via a setting in the DIC?  I'd like to be able to visually see what is happening and when DFM is active and how many cylinders are running.  I read my manual and can't see a setting for this.  Am I missing something?  Please note, I'm wanting to visually monitor what DFM is doing on a STOCK truck, not one with a DFM device disabling device.

No. Even if you could it literally updates per fire session.

For example fire six cylinders and then four cylinders and then 8 cylinders. (Skip fire) The DIC wouldn't update fast enough.

It isn't like the old system. There is 17 different patterns between 2 and 8 clyinders. (System is capable of operating on one cylinder but they found NVH issues).

And it isn't the same cylinder each time. for instance it can round robin the block 2 at a time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

No. Even if you could it literally updates per fire session.

For example fire six cylinders and then four cylinders and then 8 cylinders. (Skip fire) The DIC wouldn't update fast enough.

It isn't like the old system. There is 17 different patterns between 2 and 8 clyinders. (System is capable of operating on one cylinder but they found NVH issues).

And it isn't the same cylinder each time. for instance it can round robin the block 2 at a time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I thank you sir.