Hi,

I am looking to get into a 2020/2021 Silverado 1500, whenever they release the 2021. I had a 2017 Silverado redline z71 and loved it but wondering if it’s worth it to get the z71 or not and if there is any alternatives to the z71 that are just as good or if not better than it? I plan to mod it but debating if I should spend less on the truck and then do piece by piece of build a 55k-60k truck with everything I want and go from there. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to forum! 

Remember that with the current trucks, there are two different transfer cases now for 4wd.

With the 5.3 engine only the Z-71 or Trail Boss gets you the two speed  with 2wd/Auto/4Hi/4Lo

Without Z-71 you only get 2wd/Auto/4Hi and some kind of anti-slip 4wd mode (not sure on that last mode)

All 6.2Liter trucks get a two speed transfer case I believe.

So, you might not want anything out of the Z-71 package (since you will replace the shocks and possibly put a lift in) other than the 2 speed transfer case.

Or you can dial up an RST with a 6.2L and skip the Z-71!

Hope that helps and I wasn't too confusing.