2019 Canyon Bose Audio Cuts Out

Jimmy Dugger

Question

The day I purchased the new vehicle, the audio began to intermittently cut out.  I told the salesman on Day-2 and was advised to request assistance from the service department. 

A month or two later, I made an appointment.  They had the vehicle 6 days and determined there was nothing wrong.  I was told they hooked it up to the "radio diagnostic machine" and the machine showed no error codes.  I guess I looked dumb.

After a couple of more months of continuous audio cut-outs, I carried it back in.  After 6 more days, I was told the exact same thing . . . No problems found.

It is NOT an antenna issue because the audio cuts out in AM, FM, XM, and Bluetooth phone mode.  It is NOT a speaker problem because all speakers stop playing.  It is a head unit audio out issue.

The radio does not lose power, just audio.  Sometime you do hear a slight arcing pop but most of the time none.

It occurs on an average of 5 - 10 times an hour and 95% of the time the interruptions are 1 - 5 seconds in length.  On occasion, the audio will silence for the entirety of that trip . . . Sometimes for hours.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 answer to this question

We have the 2020 Colorado ZR2 with the Bose system. We just picked it up after the dealership had it for 9 days. The problem we have is we can’t turn the radio down or up and the touch screen does not acknowledge your touch.Sometimes it is as if you are looking at an old TV that is not getting good reception. GM is in a class action suit over the infotainment center having a glitch. Some have resolved the issues by replacing the screen. If the dealership can’t fix it it falls under the lemon law.