Silverado/Sierra Reliability?

R J

Depends on a person sensibility and expectations. My use was work related mostly. First priority was getting to work. A little shimmy, wind noise was normal in a truck. They got better with each 2 year purchase. Now people expect them to be like cars. They even get advertised that way. More car like this, drive like a car, perform like a car. All things to all people. Something has to give. I’ll take one of each. When it comes to a truck. And old one thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad liked going to Estate auctions. Not so much for the deals but to catch a glimpse of carefully maintained equipment and craftsmanship. You have to go to a bunch to find one but when you do...O' boy.

Knowledge is useful in maintenance but attitude will take you further but together.....O' boy. 

Dad was born in 27 to German immigrants. Born with nothing  will die with less and gave everything he ever touched away. People are in line, hats in hand to receive what he's touched. He use to tell me, "There are wear holes and then there are tear holes and there is no excuse for the second, respect the equipment".  Be that the spade your digging hole with or the horse you plow with and all his tack.  I loved going to these things with him when we ran across an 'old world guy'.  Better the things he taught me doing it. 

People today give up before they get started and blame what it becomes on how it was made. Well cry me a river. Go right ahead and live in your toilet paper throw away world. Spend like it will never end. Pretend your rich. I'll keep plugging along with the 150 year old methods, thank you very much.