Remote Tailgate lock/unlock actuator not working

Hello

Performed a search but couldn’t find the exact issue.  When I try to lock or unlock my 2016 HD with the FOB all the doors work fine but nothing happens with the tailgate.  Not a click or attempt to function in any way.  Using the key works fine.  I replaced the actuator since it was easily accessible to no avail.  I tried measuring voltage from the wire harness pins and would get about 2v when the FOB was pressed.  I would assume it would be a 12v system but really don’t know what the actuator motor needs, but 2v seems low. Does anyone have other insight or place to test?  I’ve read about the RCDLR and BCM but not sure why only the tailgate would be affected.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2020 at 12:09 AM, 69velle said:

Hello

Performed a search but couldn’t find the exact issue.  When I try to lock or unlock my 2016 HD with the FOB all the doors work fine but nothing happens with the tailgate.  Not a click or attempt to function in any way.  Using the key works fine.  I replaced the actuator since it was easily accessible to no avail.  I tried measuring voltage from the wire harness pins and would get about 2v when the FOB was pressed.  I would assume it would be a 12v system but really don’t know what the actuator motor needs, but 2v seems low. Does anyone have other insight or place to test?  I’ve read about the RCDLR and BCM but not sure why only the tailgate would be affected.

I am currently having the same issue with my 2018. I also replaced the actuator and am getting similar voltage readings. The harness connection looks intact on the drivers side under the bumper as well. Did you end up finding a solution to this?