New gears

8 hours ago, kenny_r said:

I mean they already get shitty fuel mileage emoji2375.png

That they do.  When i first got the truck drove it from va to ny saw best 15 mpg on 87.  I run e85 and get a best of 13.  Thats all highway, city mpg sux.  Im wondering if 93 would be better.  Shitty thing is its 2.69gal vs 1.49 for e85

• 1 month later...
Anything new?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Hwy mpg is around 12 on e85 at 65 70mph. Truck loves the gear. I will be towing local on a couple weeks. Want to do headers but they are not in stock till the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So heres my update on the gears . Just dropped the 5th wheel upstate. 120miles 1 way all good. She did good, only struggle a little on the 4 mile 5% grade climb. Had to drop to 50mph so i wasnt screaming over 4k rpms. Got 5mpg on the way up towing 15k lbs. On the way home an hr into the drive got a p0700 and a p0741. Cleared the code. A hr and half later i get locked into 4th gear no cel. Get home hook up scanner and p0741 is in the history. This has been happening for 2 yrs. Thought it was my tune, put stock tcm tune in and changed fluids and filter 3 months ago. 15 2500 6.0 62k miles. So now gonna get trans looked at, been dealing with this issue for 2 yrs and finally got a code.

don’t wanna be a jerk but i will say this.  i love working on and modifying vehicles, but i don’t mess with new stuff.  i have a 72 k10 with a 396 and a 65 goat, always messing with them.  my 2016 2500hd?  bone stock.  no tune, tiny 245/75r17 tires, nothing.

i would love to drive a lifted truck with bigger tires, a tune, maybe even a supercharger.  but i ain’t messing with my 2016, because i rely on it and don’t want any problems.

if you wanna play, i think there is a lot to be said for finding an older second rig to mod and keep your newer truck stock.  just how i handle things myself.

good luck, OP.  hope it works out.

Edited by i82much

don’t wanna be a jerk but i will say this.  i love working on and modifying vehicles, but i don’t mess with new stuff.  i have a 72 k10 with a 396 and a 65 goat, always messing with them.  my 2016 2500hd?  bone stock.  no tune, tiny 245/75r17 tires, nothing.

i would love to drive a lifted truck with bigger tires, a tune, maybe even a supercharger.  but i ain’t messing with my 2016, because i rely on it and don’t want any problems.

if you wanna play, i think there is a lot to be said for finding an older second rig to mod and keep your newer truck stock.  just how i handle things myself.

Mine is stock....transmissions just suck ass stock in these things.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

My issue started out prior to me modding. The new gears were to help to my 5th wheel. These trucks should have came with 4:88