SmartLiner vs. YitaMotor Custom Fit Floor Liners Side By Side Comparison

BlaineBug

I'm not sponsored, but thanks to phenomenal return policies, I was able to compare SmartLiner and YitaMotor custom fit floor liners against one another.

My wife and various relatives have WeatherTech floor liners in their vehicles.  On Amazon, WeatherTech custom fit floor liners for the 1st and 2nd row for the 2015-2020 Tahoe and Yukon are currently selling for $197.90.

On the other hand, SmartLiner custom fit floor liners for the 1st and 2nd row sell for around $140.00 on Amazon.  I find these very comparable to WeatherTech in size and shape, as they are very large and cover a lot of the carpeted flooring.

There's another brand called YitaMotor, these are sold on Ebay for around $80.00.  Unfortunately, they are smaller and don't cover as much of the carpeted flooring as WeatherTech or SmartLiner.  However, for the price, they are a phenomenal alternative for someone on a more limited budget, or perhaps for someone who doesn't live in a snow or mud infested region.

Ultimately, I ended up returning the YitaMotor custom fit floor liners.  But before I did, I took some pictures to compare the SmartLiner custom fit floor liners against the YitaMotor custom fit floor liners.

See for yourself and decide!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by BlaineBug

Good Review, i have never heard of the yita brand before. This will probably be the last vehicle i put Weathertech into. I find that the plastic is too hard and does not conform very well, especially on the passenger side front. I also blame GM for not putting a clip or clips on the passenger side to hold the liner or carpet down. I find that the edges curl up and fold. The drivers side is rubbing on the sill as you get in. I might try Husky next time as they seem to be able to mold to the inside better. I would just have to paint them as they only come in black so far. One more thought on Weathertech is how hard it is to keep it from looking scratched and terrible. I usually have to paint them every year in order to get the color back.

• Like 1

All in all, any of these custom fit liners will far exceed the OEM cloth mats. For the last year I have been using the Weathertech AVM universal fit mats that CostCo sells for $30. They are fine mats but are a bit small on the driver side front. There is 100% coverage on the passenger front, however.

spacer.png

The SmarLiners fit very well and look great. I would consider them a direct equal to WeatherTech personally, in regards to fit and size. I just have 1st and 2nd row. They do make a 3rd row and cargo mat as well if you need it.

Obviously the YitaMotor liners don't provide the same coverage due to their smaller shape. I also cannot comment on Husky Liners as I have never done a side by side comparison with them. With that being said, I have 4 of Husky Liner's molded mud flaps and they've been great for the last 11 months as well.

30 minutes ago, Mikey999 said:

I went gm oem liners with dealers 10% off promotion  they  were similar price  as weathertech  and fit good

The question is, who has been contracted to make the floor mats for GM?  I'll bet it isn't GM.

Similar to any store brand product, Sam's Choice, Kirkland Signature, Walmart's Great Value.  Contract work with a relabel.

49 minutes ago, BlaineBug said:

The question is, who has been contracted to make the floor mats for GM?  I'll bet it isn't GM.

Similar to any store brand product, Sam's Choice, Kirkland Signature, Walmart's Great Value.  Contract work with a relabel.

That's a good question, don't know they are soft  and quality  a fit well. Although i don't  think 3rd row floor was a perfect fit. Although  when I push  the 3rd row down i switch over to a weather tech full size cargo liner and that works well.

I switched to Husky liners on my current Yukon after owning WeatherTech in a couple past vehicles.  I greatly prefer the material of the Huskey liners as it allows them to rest in place better, have better grip when wet and overall look better ( in my opinion).  Coverage and protection is just as good, they're easy to clean and after 5 years still look good.

3 hours ago, Mikey999 said:

Can you show  us how the 3rd row fits? Thats a very good fit for the 1s 2 rows 

These are the only 3 floor liners I have from SmartLiner.  I do have a mat in the 3rd row right in front of the bench seat but it's just a generic full length mat that I used to have in a Toyota Camry years ago.  The 3rd row never gets used.  For my cargo area liner I have a couple of nylon entryway mats with rubber backing from the hardware store covered with a tarpaulin that act as a liner for everything behind the 2nd row captains' chairs.

Edited by BlaineBug

• 2 months later...

Just another update, I decided to complete the package and got the 3rd row and cargo area Smartliners. I went with the full length cargo area liner as I keep the 3rd row folded all of the time. I do know that they sell a tiny cargo area liner that would go behind the 3rd row as well but it does seem pointless, at least in the shorter wheelbase Yukon and tahoe variants. Perhaps in the XL and Suburban it would be more useful.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am satisfied with the quality. I saw that Smartliner had discounted their 3rd row liner on both eBay and Amazon which prompted this purchase. In my estimate, this entire 5 piece set may have cost under $300.

In my opinion all cars should come with rubber floors from the factory so we don't have to cover carpet, but that's just me. I like leather seats and everything else luxurious but putting carpet in an area where filthy salt and mud ridden boots sit is just dumb.

Last winter in 2019-2020 was relatively mild but these front row Smartliners definitely got a huge workout with the 2020-2021 winter. You should see the front mats as I haven't complete the spring cleaning yet. You never know when there's going to be another snow at least until late April!

Edited by BlaineBug

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...