Motofab 2.5” leveling kit upper strut bolt projection

Can someone tell me how much projection you have on your upper strut bolts through the factory nuts with the 2.5” spacer from motofab? I have mine on and mine are about an 1/8” lower than top of the nut and do not thread all the way above top of nut. I have 5/8” of bolt sticking above the strut bucket/top plate and the nut is 3/4” deep I believe . All 6 (3 each side) are the same. If lengths varied I’d think the bolts weren’t  threaded all the way through on the spacers. Should I take the strut ALL the way back out and check? Tried briefly grabbing one of the bolts with  pliers and twisting it while strut still in place and 2 of 3 upper nuts fastened down.

Edited by andrewb24

Only thing I could think is going on one I some how got the wrong length bolts or two if they weren’t threaded all the way into the kit when I put it on the strut but all 6 bolts are same length sticking up through the strut frame at the top.

May try and put two jam nuts on one and turn with a wrench and see if i can make them pull through more from top so I don’t have to pull strut all the way out.

I have the same 2.5" Moto-fab top spacer & the studs are 1/8" above the nuts. I remember tightening  the supplied bolts in the spacer with an allen wrench. I don't remember how long the bolts extended above the spacer. I do think they could have been longer because the plastic wire loom does not stick on the studs like factory.

Hope this helps..

12 hours ago, Vmax08 said:

I have the same 2.5" Moto-fab top spacer & the studs are 1/8" above the nuts. I remember tightening  the supplied bolts in the spacer with an allen wrench. I don't remember how long the bolts extended above the spacer. I do think they could have been longer because the plastic wire loom does not stick on the studs like factory.

Hope this helps..

thanks for the feed back.  I installed mine with an allen wrench as well.  I have talked to motofab they originally said that the studs that came with the kit must not be tightened down all the way but all 6 measure the exact same amount of stud exposed above the strut frame before putting the nuts on.  After I told them they are all the exact same they came back and said that I am ok but I still would like to know if they sent the wrong kit or studs or if I did something wrong.

Now motofab says they thought I meant I had an 1/8" above the nut but its 1/8" below.  I explained they all measured exact same of exposed bolt above the frame with the nuts off.  They said they will just give me a refund. I guess I'm just going to have to take the strut out and see if the bolts are all the way fastened to the spacer for a peace of mind.  I dont know if this will work but trying to think of easiest ways to do this and I am wondering if I can jack the truck up take off the lower strut bolts and take the sway bar link off and unfasten upper struts then come through bottom of lower control arm but the CV probably wont  let me get one of the bolts out with out getting it out the way.  I also thought about putting two jamb nuts on top of the upper strut bolts and see if i could turn the bolt and thread through from the top.

jamb nuts didnt work :( guess it I will have to get greasy again and take a strut off to see whats going on for peace of mind.  Anyone ever worked around cv boot to take a front strut out? so i dont have to take upper control arm off and take axle nut off and all the brake lines.