4 WD misc noise, Driver side

I have a 2006 Suburban 1500 4WD Lt. is not lifted. All OEM, no add on's. I noticed a sound radiating from the driver-side yesterday ( FRONT Driver side). I was in 4 "Auto". My impression is 4 Auto, you can drive in this mode without damage, the system activates when it detects rear wheel slippage and engages the front drive. We have roads here that are mostly snow covered. I had it in 4 Auto, the sound was a low slight rumble sound. ( Best I can describe like when a Wheel bearing goes bad and running out of grease driving straight). I hit 2 WD, the sound goes away, pressed 4 HI, the sound returns. No noise turning, if I accelerate, the noise increases, decel- same, noise fades. I can feel it through the steering very slight. Its more audible...Whats the chances its a WB? I replaced one when I bought the vehicle but I think it was front. pass. side. Weird its in 4 Auto when the drive isn't engaged? Any ideas, I am open to anywhere to start, I was going to jack it up, loosen hub nut, do the 6 and 12 shake, 9 and 3 shake, try to determine bad WB first. I feel its not the WB because the 4 WD has to be on to hear it. I will take any solid advice. Thank you all.

Edited by Bigvern