Looking to upgrade the exhaust on my '21 AT4 6.2L. I had a Borla cat back on my '15, but what they're charging now doesn't seem worth it for a better exhaust tone and minimal hp gain. Was thinking about a muffler swap to a Borla Pro XS. Anyone done this? Planned to leave the flapper and resonators,, but was wondering about drone too.  Also part #? I've seen some using 40359 on their '20s, but its a 3" and Borla says the '21 6.2L is 3.5".  Not sure what to make of it cause all they seemed interested in was upselling a cat back.

Thoughts?

I do not have the XS but I know some members put it on here and enjoyed it, personally it wasn't near loud enough so I was not interested in it.  I went with the ATAK, but its loud so you need to like that note.

Drone wise you will get some with all Borlas, but it varies, and what you do with the flappers will also dampen the impact of the drone.  Some members kept both in, some removed 1 (usually the downward flapper) or like me, removed both.  From what I've heard leaving both in will have large impact on drone, but also impacts exhaust tone.  I removed both, I love it, but do experience a little drone but only at certain speeds otherwise very little impact.  If I was to offer advice generally from what I've noticed many members suggest who do not get full catbacks, it appears removing the forward flapper is the way to go.  If you want loud, then remove both.  Hope that helps

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

I do not have the XS but I know some members put it on here and enjoyed it, personally it wasn't near loud enough so I was not interested in it.  I went with the ATAK, but its loud so you need to like that note.

Drone wise you will get some with all Borlas, but it varies, and what you do with the flappers will also dampen the impact of the drone.  Some members kept both in, some removed 1 (usually the downward flapper) or like me, removed both.  From what I've heard leaving both in will have large impact on drone, but also impacts exhaust tone.  I removed both, I love it, but do experience a little drone but only at certain speeds otherwise very little impact.  If I was to offer advice generally from what I've noticed many members suggest who do not get full catbacks, it appears removing the forward flapper is the way to go.  If you want loud, then remove both.  Hope that helps

Thanks for the info.  I had the stock muffler deleted yesterday and it is definitely too loud for my particular taste.  I left the flapper ('21 only has one before the muffler) and resonators.  Ordered the XS and hope to have it installed early next week.  Looking for mostly quiet, just want to know its a V8 when I get in it.  Hopefully it does the trick!

4 minutes ago, iwannaseeatnight said:

Thanks for the info.  I had the stock muffler deleted yesterday and it is definitely too loud for my particular taste.  I left the flapper ('21 only has one before the muffler) and resonators.  Ordered the XS and hope to have it installed early next week.  Looking for mostly quiet, just want to know its a V8 when I get in it.  Hopefully it does the trick!

If the delete was too loud, then the XS should do the trick for you.  From what I've heard of clips (not the same as real life of course) it should provide you with what your after, nothing obnoxious, good at idle and cruise and gives just a hint of the V8 when you on it.  Should work out well for your needs! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 7:48 AM, iwannaseeatnight said:

Any updates after getting the XS installed? I had a loaner truck (Ram 1500) for the last couple of days and the exhaust sounds way better than my stock 2020 AT4 6.2l. I have been researching muffler options, but can't really tell the difference between them all online. I don't want anything crazy loud, but would love to hear it when I want...

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Any updates after getting the XS installed? I had a loaner truck (Ram 1500) for the last couple of days and the exhaust sounds way better than my stock 2020 AT4 6.2l. I have been researching muffler options, but can't really tell the difference between them all online. I don't want anything crazy loud, but would love to hear it when I want...

I've had it installed for about a week and a half.  There is a drone on the highway, but after hearing the drone with a muffler delete, it's not bad at all.  Little more growl on cold start than stock, same at idle.  Sounds a little louder than stock on acceleration in the cab.  Haven't got to hear it outside the truck under acceleration or just revving.  All in all, I'm happy with it.  I do wish it was a little louder, but I could probably spend a year testing different mufflers.  If I ever do change again it will be to a cat-back.  That way I can go a little louder without increasing the drone.