2016 sierra transmission problem.

I just hit a 100k miles and my transmission is acting up. It hesitates on acceleration, has a weird winding sound, and shifts different. Has anyone delt with this kinda problem before? Oh I just had the transmission serviced by the dealership about 15,000 miles ago. 

Dealership said torque converter locked up and destroyed my transmission. Anyone know why something like this would happen? I maintain my maintenance and I don't abuse my truck.  I asked the dealership and they weren't to sure. 

Had the same issue with my 2017 Sierra 1500 4x4 slt. Had to replace transmission at 108,000. Not happy about it as I take good care of mine as well. Always dealer serviced.
I’m a GM employee so my dealer gave me a discount on it. Normally around $5,000 to replace. My cost was $4,000. Absolutely pissed! $54,000 truck should not have these issues!! Torque converter was the culprit. I’ve read of this happening to many others. 

Your $54,000 truck runs the same transmission that a base priced $29,000 truck ran, it makes no difference how much you spent.

Torque converter failures have been known a long while. If you ask me they became more popular once the K2XX trucks came about because they lock/unlock the converter even more than the previous generation trucks. It's the luck of the draw in the end, can't really predict when the failure is going to happen.

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 2