2009 TAHOE HVAC

I have a 2009 Z71 TAHOE that is blowing hot air out for drivers side only, cold air everywhere else. I have changed out the 3 actuators 1 by gas pedal, mid upper dash back, the one on passenger side floor board. I also replaced the control module. All actuator doors are moving freely as well. How do I relearn all actuators and the control module at the same time or is this a dealership fix? 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 7:48 PM, 09Z71TAHOE said:

I have a 2009 Z71 TAHOE that is blowing hot air out for drivers side only, cold air everywhere else. I have changed out the 3 actuators 1 by gas pedal, mid upper dash back, the one on passenger side floor board. I also replaced the control module. All actuator doors are moving freely as well. How do I relearn all actuators and the control module at the same time or is this a dealership fix? 

The culprit for that symptom was the driver's side temperature actuator which is on the bottom of the passenger footwell.  The only way the relearn really works is with a Tech-2 or other bi-directional tool.  

Since you replaced the control module, it must be programmed to your vehicle.

If you bought a Tech-2, you can do these two functions yourself (will need a subscription to ACDelco's TDS system ($40 for 2 years)) and probably come out less or near so than a trip to the dealer and have a tool that can see and test and program everything on your vehicle.  If you had had the Tech-2, you would have pulled up the HVAC code for the actuator and not had to guess and spend money on all of the other parts.