Bed Power Outlet

Has anyone found a way to use the bed power outlet for more than just lights or a radio?  I’m wondering if changing the inverter to a pure sine wave and adding a soft start might enable using the outlet to power a portable refrigerator.

Personally, if I were wanting to power something larger, I'd install a separate inverter and run the correctly sized cables to the battery.  The problem with upgrading what is in place is that you risk a fire if you don't replace all of the related wiring.  The OEM setup is really for things like a laptop or a charger for a small device and not really useful for any actual power needs.

The battery capacity will limit what you can power. Do some research online, the info on inverters is there. 

The truck systems do what they were designed for. Limited to power small things.

its 400 watts.  3.3amps. how many amps is the fridge. I just looked up 80 can mini fridge and it was 1.3amps a 4.4cf was .8amps

i used my small shop vac with it.  you can only turn it on when truck is running so Alternator can handle way more.  Who knows what the outlet can handle without melting. 

Edited by JCunningham