In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

4x4 Sticker Removal Issue

Hey all, recently attempted to remove my 4x4 sticker/decal from my bed and hit a bit of a snag. From everything I have seen the decal should pretty much just peal off; however when I did it there is still a lip around where the sticker was at. Almost like the sticker was embedded. I've tried scratching it off, goo goning it and nothing. Anyone else expericened this or know of a fix?  

20210531_173903.jpg

20210531_173851.jpg

• Confused 1

Who ever repaired or repainted it taped up the decal and painted over it nothing that u can really do but take it and have it redone or put the decal back on

• Like 1

Happened to me with a Grand Marquis about 11 years ago.  One side of the car was repainted.  I removed the door moldings and for awhile couldn't figure out why there was a ridge beneath the passenger side molding and not the driver's side.  Also the paint didn't match.

That was lazy practice but even worse in your situation for a sole decal.  They spent way more time and energy painting around that than the cost of the decal - even if it was $100!

On 5/31/2021 at 6:14 PM, The Crux said:

It was not smooth to the touch, it still had a raise to it.

Easy explanation, the "mils" of the paint was still less than the decal's thickness + original paint and clear behind it.