What tire pressure should I run?

Hey all, I'm new to this site and a new owner of a 2004 2500HD 6.0/4l80e.  I had a few questions, firstly regarding tire pressure.  My sticker is gone so I can't just look on the driver's side door.  I wanted to know if someone with the same build as mine would be willing to share a pic of theirs.

6.0 lq4 / 4l80e 4x4

Towing package

Crew cab

Thanks for having me

Edited by T0ng5
Forgot to add spec

I have exactly the same truck but mine's an 03 GMC. Sorry about the poor quality cell phone image, but I think it's still readable. I'm running 265/75R16 with 65 psi when the truck is empty. Will run 80 psi when towing or hauling.

20210720_231902sm.thumb.jpg.4d979f6e4a5a9228366be3278bd194b0.jpg

• Like 1

More important than what it says on the door, or what anybody else does . . . what does it say on the tires is the maximum pressure?  If it's Load Range E, it probably says 80 psi; if it's Load Range D it probably says 65 psi.  If the tire says less than that, it's probably not the right tire for your truck.

Those are the MAXIMUM cold pressure ratings.  If you are towing or hauling then you probably want to be at or near the maximum.   If driving around otherwise, something less will soften the ride, improve handling, and help wear evenly.

How much less?  Watch for tire wear.  It's like the 3 bears.  If it wears in the middle, then the tire pressure is too high (papa bear, too hard).  If it wears on the 2 outside edges, then the tire pressure is too low (mama bear, too soft).  If it wears evenly, then it's just right (baby bear).  If it wears just on the inside or outside edge, then it's an alignment problem.  Oh, and don't go rotating tires every 5k miles or you won't have a chance to see the wear pattern.  (Revealing my belief that the 5k mile rotation is pushed by tire dealers to cover up problems.)

Thanks guys, I was curious as to what the sticker said.  I've got E rated tires on now, and I'm at 60psi all around.  I'll keep on eye out for odd wear and adjust accordingly