Unserviceable fuel filter?!?

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with my 04 Silverado 1500. As of late, it has had a SERIOUS decrease in power(especially while driving uphill, trying to overtake, or towing/hauling) I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to the fuel pump/ fuel filter. My question to you is this: what similar years models could I take the in tank fuel pump assembly from and swap into my 04? I've been looking at local salvage yards and need a wider range or year models I could potentially take from. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 馃憤

I usually check on car-part.com for interchangeability of parts. Just plug in the part and vehicle and the results will be from the year range that you can go to the yard and look for. That being said聽fuel pumps aren't really known for their reliability and it's not a part I would ever get from the junkyard. Just my personal perspective on it.聽

Edited by Brian715

3 hours ago, Scubasteve6988 said:

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with my 04 Silverado 1500. As of late, it has had a SERIOUS decrease in power(especially while driving uphill, trying to overtake, or towing/hauling) I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to the fuel pump/ fuel filter. My question to you is this: what similar years models could I take the in tank fuel pump assembly from and swap into my 04? I've been looking at local salvage yards and need a wider range or year models I could potentially take from. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 馃憤

you should forgo doing any fuel pump replacement till you test the fuel pressure you have now. Why throw used parts at the problem?聽 The problem could easily just be clogged injectors or various other fuel related issues.聽 Do a compression test and while you have the plugs out, inspect them, also do a fuel pressure test聽