What is the Difference between a Tahoe LS and LT??

I am looking at a 2001 Tahoe.. SOme are LS and some are LT... From what I can gather...The LT was nothing more than a loaded up package of options??? What were they?

Can all of those same options be had on an LS??

Did all tahoes come with Tow Package?

I found an LS I want to look at that has

3 rows of Cloth seats, rear air, Onstar. I know I can add leather to the seat afterwards.. Anything else important that I would be giving up going to the LS??

The LT is a dressed up version of the LS.

The LT comes standard with:

Leather

Onstar

Painted Door Handles/Bumper covers

Thats really it...with the LS package you get the option of adding leather and onstar, but the LT comes with it.

Both packages don't come standard with certain tires, etc. all are options.

Hope this helps.

Leather

Onstar

Thats really it...with the LS package you get the option of adding leather and onstar, but the LT comes with it.

Both packages don't come standard with certain tires, etc. all are options.

Hope this helps.

Hmm PAinted door handles and Bumper covers? Anyone have pics of the differences?

Granted this was on a truck and not a Tahoe, but when I got mine, the 5.3 was part of the LT package and was an option on the LS. The front of the side mirrors are "chrome" (it's actually plastic but you know what I'm talking about), while the on the LS they're solid black. You can see those here. Again, some of these differences may not exist for the Tahoes. I went ahead and got the LT b/c it was as cheap or cheaper to get the stuff I wanted as part of that package than it was to add em as options. Alot of it though, I could take or leave ... I just have those options b/c they were part of the package. It'll be a nice (and nice looking) ride regardless!

The LT has "heated" leather and 6-way power front seats and a big long list of other goodies that are not standard on the LS.

Here is what my window sticker says is standard on my '01 LT package.

A/C

Rearview mirror with compass and temp

Dual power heated outside mirrors

rear defogger

deep tinted glass

pushbutton transfer case

fog lamps

AM/FM/CD/Cass

cruise

power locks/windows

keyless entry w/alarm

leather wheel

aluminum wheels

bodyside moldings

6-way power/heated leatherseats with memory

onstar

Some of these options like cruise/tilt/PW/PL are also part of the LS package.

Things have changed for 2004, but here it is, straight of chevrolet.com:

LS Standard Equipment:

Vortec 4800 V8 engine with 285 horsepower

Hydra-Matic four-speed automatic transmission

Standard six-passenger Custom Cloth seating

AM/FM stereo with CD and cassette players

Tri-zone temperature control

Driver Information Center

16-inch wheels and tires

Autotrac 4x4 system (4x4 only)

Recovery hooks (4x4 only)

In addition to or in place of Tahoe LS features, Tahoe LT key standard features include:

Vortec 5300 V8 engine with 295 horsepower

Standard first-row Custom Leather seating surfaces and second-row leather-appointed seating

Front heated bucket seats with 10-way power

Third-Row Seat Package

Six-disc in-dash CD changer and Bose speaker system

XM Satellite Radio-ready(1)

One-year OnStar(2) Safe & Sound Plan

Tri-zone automatic temperature control

Power-folding, heated outside mirrors

Driver Convenience Package with HomeLink transmitter, power-adjustable pedals, steering wheel-mounted controls for audio and

Driver Information Center

Cargo Package with cargo net and luggage rack center rails

Heavy-duty Trailering Equipment Package

Autotrac 4x4 system (4x4 only)

Recovery hooks (4x4 only)

Previous to the 2004 models, the third row seat was optional on all models. As far as the mirrors go, I was under the impression that all came with the chrome inserts. I guess in recent years (2003, etc) they have switched to black. As far as the painted door handles go, I think they look really good on most colors, but if you are going to buy a black tahoe, it doesn't matter because you get black plastic ones with the LS...

Leather

Onstar

Both packages don't come standard with certain tires, etc.  all are options.

Hope this helps.

Hmm PAinted door handles and Bumper covers? Anyone have pics of the differences?

Here is a pic of my LT, w/ matching mirrors and door handles. I know in 01 the matching bumper cover was actually an OPTION on these. I kinda like the chrome personally. However since this pic was taken I have removed the black trim on the doors. Looks much better now! Also some LTs did not come with the side steps too!

A1.JPG

Mike

Leather

Onstar

Both packages don't come standard with certain tires, etc.  all are options.

Hope this helps.

Here is a pic of my LT, w/ matching mirrors and door handles. I know in 01 the matching bumper cover was actually an OPTION on these. I kinda like the chrome personally. However since this pic was taken I have removed the black trim on the doors. Looks much better now! Also some LTs did not come with the side steps too!

A1.JPG

Mike

Sweet Truck!!

I really like the painted handles and mirrors.. Looks like I better stick to an LT...

Glad to hear you ditched the BSM's Any new pics?

Ya know,

If all your wanting the LT for is the matching stuff. It may be cheaper to just replace them with matching ones. Plenty of people here have done it. THey are not too bad, I thing about 25 -50 bucks each on ebay or even at the dealer I dont think they are priced at what most people think they are! Just a thought.

Personally I like the leather, it adds a lot. I know you can get an LS with leather too.

Just a thought!

Here is apic of with and without matching bumper covers. Personally with love bugs here in FL, its much nicer with the chome...

DSCF0066.JPG

Notice the z71 has matching front grill area also. Lots of options out there! :cheers:

DSCF0065.JPG

Mike

Archived