A/C system torque specs?

15 hours ago, CrawlSlow said:

I get what you are trying to do. Please note, all new compressor comes with oil to keep it lube. Some comes with the correct oil type while others do not. It's important that you check as you don't want to mix the two oil together in your system. You probably will end up paying more than the money you're trying to save. 

Why not just take the parts to the dealer and pay for installation labor, atleast it will be done right. I don't know how much the dealer will charge for a complete system flush but I can only imagine $$$$$$$$

the reason I’m doing it is I’m replacing the compressor, the expansion valve, and I need to pull the condenser to replace the desiccant. My guess is the dealer would charge me around 4 hours labour, at $100 Canadian an hour. I can easily do it all myself, as I installed the new condenser last year. Installing the compressor looks fairly easy after looking at how to do it. I purchased a GM genuine compressor, so I’d assume it would have the correct oil. I’ll tell the dealer tech I installed the GM compressor and they should know what’s in it, or they can check. A system evac and recharge is $125 Canadian at the dealer. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, greenoliver1 said:

i wasn’t aware I needed to clean the sealing washers with acetone, good thing I have some here! I seen online everyone said the nylog was like nickel anti-seize, a little bit goes a long ways! Thanks for the info! 

No problem. 

Nylog is liquid snot. Thats what we call it in the trade. You'll see its like clear slime. It doesn't like to stick to oily surfaces. 

• Like 1