Cam Replacement Options? Misfire

1 hour ago, JONBLARC7 said:

Have you pulled the valve covers and check the valve springs.  L86 I known for breaking valve springs!!!!  I speack from experiance. 

But If you want a good cam.  I have had a TSP 5.3 stage 2 218/226 32% over in my L86 for almost 30K miles now.  The plan was to be boosted by now but.  I just haven't pulled the trigger.  To many other toys.  It runs hard for a full bolt-on NA truck.

still waiting to see a leak down test first

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, JONBLARC7 said:

Have you pulled the valve covers and check the valve springs.  L86 I known for breaking valve springs!!!!  I speack from experiance. 

But If you want a good cam.  I have had a TSP 5.3 stage 2 218/226 32% over in my L86 for almost 30K miles now.  The plan was to be boosted by now but.  I just haven't pulled the trigger.  To many other toys.  It runs hard for a full bolt-on NA truck.

I'm assuming you did an AFM delete with the cam change but did you only do a cam and springs for this install?

Stock injectors and torque converter still?

Looking at doing a cam in my stock '15 5.3 but want to impact driveability / supporting parts as little as possible.

21 hours ago, OffroadCouch2015 said:

I'm assuming you did an AFM delete with the cam change but did you only do a cam and springs for this install?

Stock injectors and torque converter still?

Looking at doing a cam in my stock '15 5.3 but want to impact driveability / supporting parts as little as possible.

Mine is a 6.2 but yes stock injector but 32% fuel lobe with a lash cap.  Make sure you measure for the lash cap and don't just trust what they send you.  There is a really good thread on the corrvette forum about that.  I failed two HPFP because I didn't know that info two years ago.  And stock torque convertor on the 6L80e