New Silverado Owner

Hey all. I just bought my first Chevy yesterday, A 2019 Silverado 1500 RST Z71 with 39K miles and a 2" factory lift. I have one burning question about the factory wheels. I've never been a fan of tall rims and skinny sidewalls on off road trucks and I'd like to remedy that. The truck came with OEM 20x9in rims and I'd like to run with 18's. Any experience with clearance of brake calipers or other reasons not to size down? My tire size choice, provided the 18's work, would be 285/70/18. Thanks for any input. (picture is before I had dealer install lift)

28922658578x640.jpg

Edited by Kudzoo2

15 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

If you get OEM 18's from a 2019+, there will be zero fitment issues with the calipers.

Aftermarket rims just need to match the offset as to not rub the caliper.

If anything I'd want a rim that sticks out a bit more than OEM. Back-set and off-set aside, if I go outward then I would have a better chance of clearing the caliper, right?

11 hours ago, Kudzoo2 said:

If anything I'd want a rim that sticks out a bit more than OEM. Back-set and off-set aside, if I go outward then I would have a better chance of clearing the caliper, right?

Yes but then you increase probability of hitting parts of your fender liner.  That size tire you're looking at is about a 34.  Might cause problems