Adding Steering Wheel Controls with Stinger Heigh10 Head Unit?

Good morning y’all. Hope all is well.

I’ve got a 2017 RCSB Silverado LS and hoping to be able to add steering wheel controls (right side) for my audio system. I am running the Stinger Heigh10 Head Unit that fully supports it but my truck does not have the buttons. Any chance I could purchase the buttons for the wheel and run a harness to my Head Unit or would this not be an option? Is the factory Harness behind the airbag or is that only included with vehicles that came with them? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6292353F-8759-4CAD-89D8-72B4B1CAB25D.jpeg

Edited by Adam Gorrell
Made title a question
  • Like 2

• Adam Gorrell changed the title to Adding Steering Wheel Controls with Stinger Heigh10 Head Unit?
On 10/21/2021 at 7:09 AM, Adam Gorrell said:

Good morning y’all. Hope all is well.

I’ve got a 2017 RCSB Silverado LS and hoping to be able to add steering wheel controls (right side) for my audio system. I am running the Stinger Heigh10 Head Unit that fully supports it but my truck does not have the buttons. Any chance I could purchase the buttons for the wheel and run a harness to my Head Unit or would this not be an option? Is the factory Harness behind the airbag or is that only included with vehicles that came with them? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6292353F-8759-4CAD-89D8-72B4B1CAB25D.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

I have no idea the answer to your question, but did want to say, Great Looking Truck!!!

• Like 1