Diagrams and Radio Mounting

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500-LD double cab.  I've been trying to find a good wiring diagram for the vehicle, but there is nothing in Haynes, or on the web that I found.  Dealer is of no help unless I want to buy the complete shop set which includes all mechanicals and engine types.

The mission: 1). Install cab roof lights. Another message gave me basic info, but no specific terminal numbers.  2). I would like to locate the wires and tap the signal off the turn signal switch to a relay, turning on floods on the side of the grill guard.  This is to have better illumination in the direction of turns on logging roads.  3). I would also like to put radios in my truck which we use for comms on the highway and sites.  I'm looking for a convenient way to tap for the accessory signal for a relay, so when ignition is off, so are all the radios.

It's my impression that there were changes in the 2018 and before, and 2020 and later which do not apply to the 2019.  Any help in finding a manual showing accurate drawings, (downloadable or manual purchase), for the 2019 1500-LD would be appreciated.

I have a 19 LD LT. First, there is a goofy, bigger than normal,  3-prong big fuse on the passenger side fuse box which controls the in dash cigarette lighter. With the fuse in one position, the lighter is always on, with the fuse in the other position, the lighter is switched on by the ignition. This is what I am using for the ignition source for my interior relay for woofer, heated seats, and other improvements I am making to my 19 LD. The easiest way to get power into the cab from the battery is via the passenger side. There is a rubber grommet just above the upper passenger door hinge. Run a cable from the battery (also on passenger side) through the back top of the fender to the grommet above the hinge. This grommet matches up inside the dash to the side of the glove box. There is an interior access with a slight offset from the grommet hole the run your wires as needed for radios, lights, etc. I am building a custom console to replace the jump seat to hide the amplifier and sub-woofer plus add switches for heated seats and inside the bed lighting (I have tonneau cover). If you have questions, let me know. The cigarette lighter and storage area are easily removed with 3 screws providing access to the back of the cigarette lighter.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  I'm finding that the 2019 Silverado to be somewhat an enigma.   None of the auto part stores seem to have information on the electrical system, but I'm also finding that good mechanical data is scarce.  What I was told by the NAPA guy was that 2019 was a "Change Year", and some components were made from stock of 2017 and before, while other stock was from the new 2020 and later vehicle.  First time I've heard of something like that.

EDIT: I received an e-mail to check this URL...

https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/19_Silverado_1500_Body_Builder_2019.pdf

Page 34 may be the page I need, and tapping 524--WH and 307--YE/BN may be what I need.  I only need 34mA of +12v to drive the flood control module for lights.

Edited by Frederick Vobbe
Additional information on location of signals.

• 2 weeks later...

Tapping 524 and 307 will turn on the lights when the turn signal switch is activated (your #2). You will need separate left and right relays with the coils tapped to 524 and 307 respectively. 

For lights powered only with truck power on, use the cigarette lighter below the radio. I will send details about the goofy 3-way fuse with a photo. You will need power inside the cab and the easiest way is using a fused wire from the battery, through the top of the passenger side fender, into the body grommet then run under/behind the glove box. I have my power run and have removed the flip down storage box beside the lighter in the dash with the intention of building a custom console (removing the jump seat). I bought cheap 8 GA jumper cables, cut the ends off and split red and black wire and then ran the red from the battery. ($10 at Harbor Freight instead of $25 for regular 8GA wire).

Also I am Bernie Pella in Saint Petersburg, FL. I really like the LD, it is special and the Unicorn truck. Also, it is the last year to do any HP Tuners computer changes. I will delete the DOD as soon as the warrant is out using HP Tuners.

I will post some photos this week

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2021 at 11:38 PM, BPella said:

Tapping 524 and 307 will turn on the lights when the turn signal switch is activated (your #2). You will need separate left and right relays with the coils tapped to 524 and 307 respectively.

Hitting this topic again as I've been out for a long time due to Covid.  (All through Christmas, New Year, and beyond).

Is connection 524 and 307 a steady DC signal as long as the turn signal switch is engaged?  Or is it pulsing with the turn lights?