NEW TRUCK ORDER-

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the post above, I'm new. 

I built a 2022 Elevation in the GM built&price website, and went to a Dealer here in California. It will take 3 to 4 months from February 2022. Be careful with the charges. I built a 2021 Elevation, with Duramax diesel, double cab, RWD, Quick Silver metallic with driver alert package, spray in bed liner and floor mats for $49.600. But niw you cannot order the 2021 model anymore, the 2022 is coming. 

At the beginning they told me they would add $7500 as mark up price on top of the MRSP price.....ouch!!!!!!! They said that this is what they are charging for the new model on top of the MRSP. ... I told them now way I was paying that!!! and I was about to walk away.... that they came back with  $2500 mark up prices and $3800 for addendum options.....WTH this guys are not serious they were changing their mind without a straight path. $49,600 MSRP  +  2,500 mark up  +   $3,380 addendum items  +  Taxes and associated fees - rebates & financial incentives.

Addendum items means they can add options on top of the options I chose to put in the built configuration. How in the world they could add $3380 in additional options that I don't want!!!!!! I told them no way and walked away.

I think I'll wait until the truck start coming in to the dealership, sometime in May - July 2022 and see the prices then. I'm sure they will be lower than ordering a truck now that it won't be delivered until June 2022.  I want the Duramax because of the mileage, I have a 5,3 ecotec and the mileage is getting heavy on my wallet as I have to drive more lately.  

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 10:15 PM, Labrador_1971 said:

I built a 2022 Elevation in the GM built&price website, and went to a Dealer here in California. It will take 3 to 4 months from February 2022. Be careful with the charges. I built a 2021 Elevation, with Duramax diesel, double cab, RWD, Quick Silver metallic with driver alert package, spray in bed liner and floor mats for $49.600. But niw you cannot order the 2021 model anymore, the 2022 is coming. 

At the beginning they told me they would add $7500 as mark up price on top of the MRSP price.....ouch!!!!!!! They said that this is what they are charging for the new model on top of the MRSP. ... I told them now way I was paying that!!! and I was about to walk away.... that they came back with  $2500 mark up prices and $3800 for addendum options.....WTH this guys are not serious they were changing their mind without a straight path. $49,600 MSRP  +  2,500 mark up  +   $3,380 addendum items  +  Taxes and associated fees - rebates & financial incentives.

Addendum items means they can add options on top of the options I chose to put in the built configuration. How in the world they could add $3380 in additional options that I don't want!!!!!! I told them no way and walked away.

I think I'll wait until the truck start coming in to the dealership, sometime in May - July 2022 and see the prices then. I'm sure they will be lower than ordering a truck now that it won't be delivered until June 2022.  I want the Duramax because of the mileage, I have a 5,3 ecotec and the mileage is getting heavy on my wallet as I have to drive more lately.  

I don't think you will see available trucks on the lots for a long time.

Ordering is almost a requirement at this point unless someone were to get real lucky.

As for the mark up, GM does not approve of that and it hurts that dealers credibility with the customers. MSRP on a truck is fair to everyone at this point in time. Find yourself another dealer. 

17 hours ago, Carbon said:

I don't think you will see available trucks on the lots for a long time.

Ordering is almost a requirement at this point unless someone were to get real lucky.

As for the mark up, GM does not approve of that and it hurts that dealers credibility with the customers. MSRP on a truck is fair to everyone at this point in time. Find yourself another dealer. 

Lucky is how I got my truck. Someone ordered it long ago and got tired of waiting and went a different direction. I have been religiously checking area dealerships and found almost exactly what I wanted. I wasn’t going to order the z71 package but I am fine with having it. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, Labrador_1971 said:

I would suggest shopping around on other dealers. Mark up prices on MSRP are just plain SCAM! and most dealers are just taking advantage of people, not sure how difficult is to find a reputable dealer in California but my experience last year in Texas with mark up prices was similar as yours, but this is what I did, I was trying to find a 2021 Camaro LT1 around my city and every dealer was marking up between 3000~5000 on top of MSRP. I just refused to pay a single dollar on top of MSRP. Paying MSRP is already crazy! I ended up finding a dealer after a few weeks willing to sell me one for MSRP but have to travel over 200 miles from my hometown, I rather spend a extra few hundred on gas and time than paying thousands. Every dealer have some story about "market adjustments" and most are shady about disclosing this, one dealer did not mention the mark up until last minute when I already apply for financing and almost sign for a loan and pay the down payment. As right now I have an order for a refreshed 2022 GMC 1500 Denali and the dealer agree to respect MSRP and any discounts I may qualify at the time of delivery, hope they keep the promise.

The issue with buying a overprice new car is they depreciate a lot really quick, and paying more than what is worth is just a financial disaster if you are financing, patience is key, new car smell is exciting but unless you are made of money is not worth the headache.

Dealers around here have vehicles.

The local GMC/Chevrolet Dealer has; zip code 49931

9 - 2022 Sierra's

5 -SLT's

1 - AT4

3 - Denali's

7 - Have 6.2L engine

15 - 2022 Silverado's

2 - 2021 Trail Boss w/6.2L engine

None are marked up, most are below MSRP by at least $500.  

Edited by elcamino