Has anyone seen this? Blinking LED DRL with HC Headlight upgrade

Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help me here. I have a 2022 Silverado Trailboss Custom LTD (same as 2021) that I have upgraded the Headlamp assembly and Grille to the High Country Headlights and LT Trailboss Grill. I have purchased and installed the Gen5DIY Harness to control the lamps and the Hi/Lo headlights work properly, as do the turn signals and parking lamps, but the DRLs blink 3 times in sequence (Full LED area first, then mid and lower section and finally just the lower section) before shutting off completely. This happens every time I from Park to Drive, Park to Reverse, etc. Initially, I had thought the issue was with the harnesses, so I had swapped the harnesses (Gen5DIY was gracious enough to send out two new harnesses to swap with) but that did not correct the issue, I had also purchased (2) new sets of control modules and neither set corrected the issue. I finally left the car battery unplugged for 2+ hours in hopes of clearing the ECM/BCM (long shot) but that didnt work either. Currently at a loss as to why this is not working when there are plenty of others that have performed this mod with no issues. I have created a link to the video showing the issue. https://photos.app.goo.gl/nADAnqi4UPe1zJ1BA

I have scoured the web in search of possible solutions, but the common result for "blinking DRL" or anything close to that is likely someone looking at DRLs through a camera or aftermarkets that blink with a turn signal.

Prior to swapping out the headlight assemblies, I did have LED bulbs in the original halogen headlight housings. the bulbs were S-V.4 LEDs and then the GTR Ultra bulbs. Wondering if that could have done something to the BCM maybe?

Hoping someone has some insight as to what the issue could be. Thanks! 

By the sounds of it this is what happened when I added brighter lights to the multi flex tailgate light kit. The lights blinked 3 times then went off. It was drawing too much current and this was how it shut the lights off. I had to add a relay and draw power from the trailer wiring harness and use the signal from the lights to trigger them. It's odd others have been able to make it work though. I would think the high beams from the custom would draw more current than the LED's of the DRL's though.

Thanks.

I agree, I would think the halogens or even the aftermarket LEDs would be much more of a draw. The harness has a relay built into it, as well as resistors. There is a thread in this forum that talks about the conversion and all the successes. 

• 2 months later...

To anyone that was curious about this, I figured it out. The seller I bought the lights from on ebay swapped stickers on the LED module to say Silverado, though the SKU matched ones that said BBD SRR. These appear to only work with vehicles that have DRLs that double as turn signals. Once I ordered a set of Silverado LED modules direct from the dealer and installed them, all is working properly.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2022 at 11:41 PM, Tom73 said:

Who was the eBay seller? Nice to know who to avoid. 

Sorry for the late response on this. The seller must have been pissing quite a few people off, because his account now says "No longer a registered user" or something to that effect.