Tuscany Safety Recall Notice

Early November I received a letter from Tuscany Motors on my 2021 Silverado notifying me of a Safety Recall .

“ Accelerated corrosion and wear on the General Motors ball joint in the front upper control arm can result in premature ball joint failure and the affected front wheel separating while the vehicle is in motion “

The letter went on with their remedy …..

” A Tuscany affiliated General Motors dealer will install upgraded front upper control arms manufactured by Fox Factory , which include stronger and less corrosion-susceptible ball joints than originally installed by GM , free of charge . “

Tuscany was super to deal with . After the phone call , the parts were delivered to me . An appointment was made at my dealer and today the work was done . 

There’s a HUGE difference between the stock and the Fox arms . I thought my Silverado drove perfect before the install , it’s Very nice now . 

Im wondering how many folks have lifted their trucks and not done the arms on their half ton trucks ? 

B54BF8EC-0E7B-4477-9DEF-C6CD5883E154.jpeg

Is it a 6" lift? If so it should have had new upper control arms as part of the lift kit. Even doing a leveling kit on a Trail Boss should have new upper control arms to deal with the changed geometry. I have Rough Country forged aluminum arms in my barn waiting to go on when I level it in the spring.

14 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Is it a 6" lift? If so it should have had new upper control arms as part of the lift kit. Even doing a leveling kit on a Trail Boss should have new upper control arms to deal with the changed geometry. I have Rough Country forged aluminum arms in my barn waiting to go on when I level it in the spring.

Not all 6" lifts come with new UCAs.

I still want to see pics of these Fox UCAs they put on it.

I don’t have my truck with me , but the BDS component here looks very close to the Fox one thats on the truck . 

The truck has a BDS lift form Tuscany . 

AB4EE4D1-F0AB-4F1E-8239-233D863BAB7C.png