LTZ Headlights upgrade

1 hour ago, Darthmalo said:

So factory HID headlights are better?  looks like you have LED

No, the LED's in the Silverado are much better than the HID's, which you have in your Suburban. Hate the factory HID's in our 2016 Tahoe, compared with my 18 Silverado's LED's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

No, the LED's in the Silverado are much better than the HID's, which you have in your Suburban. Hate the factory HID's in our 2016 Tahoe, compared with my 18 Silverado's LED's. 

Thanks.  I purchase a brand new set of LTZ Headlights for my 16 Silverado.  

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:53 PM, JimCost2014 said:

You are very welcome.

You will like them.

My new headlights will be here tomorrow. I will install them this weekend.  I hope is not hard to remove the headlight trim.  The new ones have the chrome trim i have to swap with the color ones that I have now. 

On 4/11/2022 at 6:19 AM, Darthmalo said:

My new headlights will be here tomorrow. I will install them this weekend.  I hope is not hard to remove the headlight trim.  The new ones have the chrome trim i have to swap with the color ones that I have now. 

The trim is held on with a 3M double sided tape from the factory.

Edited by JimCost2014

On 4/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, JimCost2014 said:

the trim is held on with a 3M double sided tape from the factory.

I remove the chrome trim for the new headlights.  Is a pain to remove the 3M double side tape, i use dental floss.  I hope is not hard to remove the color trim from my truck.  I going to do this tomorrow afternoon.  Today I am going to seal the new headlights with silicone to avoid any possible condensation.  Any recommendations on the silicone?

• 1 year later...

When it comes to comparing LTZ headlights with LED technology and LT headlights with HID technology, both have their advantages. LED headlights typically offer better glass light output and visibility compared to HID headlights. LEDs are known for their bright, focused beams, which can enhance nighttime visibility and provide a clearer view of the road ahead. Additionally, LED headlights tend to have a longer lifespan and consume less power compared to HID headlights. However, it's always a good idea to consider specific models and their features, as technology and performance can vary.