Trailer Camera

2022 Sierra 2500 SLE.

I was assured, when ordering the truck, that the trailer camera offered as an accessory (with 30 foot cable and which connects to the bumper of the truck, adjacent to the 7 pin) would be compatible as an after-factory purchase.

I was recently informed by a parts person that, at the very least, I would also need to add the female connector for the truck (for an extra 100 + dollars). I have further researched through the GM site and it states I require "MBC, UVI, TRG, UVS, MBB and MAH" codes. However, I am confused if these requirements are for all the bells and whistles (invisible trailer etc). I have a factory back-up camera, with little else, and all I want is a camera on the back of the trailer.

Although I can't access all the RPO codes for the truck (response states only can show 32), it appears I may not have all the noted ones.

Can anyone confirm whether this accessory camera will work on my truck and, as an aside, is there a method to see all the truck's RPO codes and once acquired, where I may check to see what these codes mean. I have only been able to find incomplete/old lists or ones which are not specific to this make/model/year.

Thanks in advance,

Marv

All I can tell you is the camera that interfaces with the truck is wired and you need to have the female receptacle in the bumper to plug into. I have an AT4 with the full trailering option and cameras. There may be a universal harness back there that you can get the receptacle and wiring to plug into but I am not sure. I have a 5th wheel and moved the 7 pin and camera connections into the bed and swapper the bed ones to the bumper. I had to buy extension cables for the camera connections to do this. I am sure someone will chime in that has done this or has more knowledge on the conversion.

GMC4Zee,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the auxiliary camera that I wish to acquire is hard wired (the camera comes with the 30ft cable which is routed from the rear of the trailer to the back bumper of the truck, and the current 7 pin/4 pin configuration on the truck has to be converted to a 7 pin/camera receptacle, which is also available through GM).

What I don't know is if all the codes I listed means the camera won't work with my current system.

At the time of ordering, I was assured the auxiliary camera would be compatible (in fact the manager tried to sell it to me there and then), but as I have been fed misinformation by the dealer on other issues, I wanted to check with other sources (this forum, maybe someone who has the same truck set-up and knows for sure) to see if I could get reliable info before ordering from the dealer.

Marv