Trailer Brake Controller

I don’t think my trailer brake controller is giving 12 volts to my trailer brakes.  I’ve checked it and I only can get 1.5 volts.  I’ve taken it to the dealership and they said it is getting power to the outlet plug for the trailer.  I asked how much power and they said they have no means of checking to see if it is putting out upto 12 volts.  I have two utility trailers, a 2020, and a 2022 and with full gain It will not lock up the brakes and it barely stops my truck at an idle.  I have a 2020 Silverado HD Duromax.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you get it resolved?

with gain set to 10, and manual slider pushed all the way to full "on" you should get 12V.  But, since the Chevy has a trailer sensing system, you may not see this unless the trailer is plugged in.  You'd need a tap off the brake and negative leads.

If your trailer will lock the brakes when connected to another truck, I would explain this to your dealership. Maybe bring both trucks and a trailer to the dealership so the Service Writer/Mechanic can see this.

Hope you can get resolution quickly.