Front Hitch for 3500HD installed

Picked up an Eco-Hitch Front Hitch for the Chevy from etrailer.com  Install was pretty much per instructions, except I did not remove the tow hooks.  Instead I loosened the OEM bolts, and then replaced them one by one.  Sticks out about as far as the license plate holder. 

I have the gas engine, this will help load the Snow Plow/Camper package springs when I carry the e-bike up front.  

Hitch is nice quality and made in the U.S.A.

Truck is basically new, but that frame wax picks up road grime, so it was like working on a 20 year old oil leaking pig.  Turned my hands and arms into black grease monkey ugly. lol  My fault for not wearing a body condom.  

installed.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

What Bike rack are you using and how high does it sit with a bike on?  I'm looking at doing something similar but was concerned that the bike wouldn't be visible due to the height of the hood.  I don't want the bike to be in my way but like to see a little bit of it so I can tell how much room I have when turning close to things.  The other consideration is replacing the front bumper with an integrated receiver. ($$$)

I have a Revibike Cheetah ebike, which doesn't work well with regular bike carriers, so I picked up an aluminum motorcycle carrier for it.  Then I picked up a KTM 390 Adventure, bought a second motorcycle carrier for it.  Now the ebike goes on the back of the 5th wheel, and the KTM goes up front.  If I do much more of this, it will require building a snowplow headlight/running/turn signal light system because the KTM covers the whole front of the truck.

The carrier I use for the ebike and motorcycle is a harbor freight unit.  Works great for the ebike, but for the motorcycle, I'd rather have a rail type.

Aluminum MC Carrier

full load.jpg

Revibike-Cheetah-Decked-Out.jpg

Thanks for the reply with pictures.  a few follow up questions.  Was there a template for cutting the plastic under the bumper or did you just have to figure that out?  Did it come with the edge guard for wrapping around the cut plastic?  Also for reference how tall is the KTM from ground to highest point at the rear?

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I just saw your post.

* There were instructions with pictures showing how to cut the plactic cowl pieces (two oem pieces need to be trimmed).  It was easy to follow their directions with the pictures they include.

* The edge guard is included

* Height of the KTM is approximately 36".  The way the carrier is designed the front and rear tires sit down about 2" into the carrier. 

I got this from etrailer, and they have a really good description with a video showing the install.

https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Receiver-Hitch/Chevrolet/Silverado+3500/2022/EH57FR.html?VehicleID=20225003868

Below is a picture when I was bringing the bike home.  You can see how the tires sit down in the carrier. BTW: that made getting the bike off the carrier a real pita.  The e-bike is easy because it is light and the wheels are bigger diameter.  Thought I was going to need a crane for the KTM... lol

Heading_Home.jpg

Edited by sheath
add the info from etrailer.com