Hauling things safety, new to hauling with trucks.

I have a new to me GMC canyon all terrain edition, tons of towing power and a fairly decent payload capacity. My only concern is how do I haul heavy loads without hurting the transmission. I can haul up steep hills in 4wd low pretty easy and the transmission hardly gets warm. Go nice and slow and everything thing seems a ok but is it? Am I causing excessive wear? Or is it designed for hauling. I haul lots of things with tractors but am new to the world of pickups. What do you guys know? 

Also idk of anyone actually uses this fourm

What Year Canyon? My son has a 2020 4wd v-6. Yes it pull 7k pounds but the actual payload is Way Less. 

If you have the Owners manual it should tell you the actual truck payload. Google will probably direct you to GMC which would be the truth.

anytime you pull a trailer you should be using the "Tow/Haul". 

OK, I actually went on the GMC website, Max Payload for a 2019 is 1524lbs for 4wd. If you Have that much in the truck I would be using the Tow/Haul mode. It changes shift points, keeps the trans from locking the converter in Overdrive. 

I would say if you use Common Sense you will be OK.

Good Luck,

Scott