Caliper slide pin stuck.

Spongy feeling in the brake pedal can be air in the system. Eliminate this possibility by bleeding In Accordance With (IAW) the Factory Service Manual/ A Haynes Manual, Chilton Auto Repair/All Data. Just be sure the Manual is for YOUR Make, model, year.

Auto makers use specific lubes for specific applications (places) on the vehicles they produce. You can't buy a Car in Miami and expect the power windows to work during January when you're in Fairbanks, AK. GM used a different lube on vehicles destined for shipment to the arctic than those going to Miami.

Ask me how I know... go ahead, ask me.

Auto makers use grease intended for chassis lube on the chassis; they use Brake lube on the brakes. 16 years in USAF Vehicle Maintenance from Miami, Iceland, to Fairbanks taught me to use the lube called for in the tech data  that the application calls for. Having said that I was a shade tree mechanice for a while before becoming an Aircraft mechanic on C130s and the a vehicle mechanic; Allied Trades, mostly body shop, but I worked on all types of vehicles .99% of the time most grease will work most places in the Continental US. I don't chance it any more. For the piece of mind I gain by using what products the "Book" calls for and doing my work IAW the "Book" I rest easy. What's your peace of mind worth?

• Like 1