a swap backwards

Dozr Sexton

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Dozr Sexton said:

huh guess this forum is not what it appears .......guess its gonna be all about tubing out the truck and running a motor and mid plate set up ...

The reason you wouldn’t get much response because that’s so 70s through pre LS motors. I did plenty of those during that time. Most people would simply put different heads and cam along with the usual headers and tuning. On a LS motor. I had a 92 stroker with a whipple with 12 lbs of boost. Along with MSD with the usual other go fast parts. Adding a modified 700R4 and a 373 gear. I had it 12 years. If she blew I would have simply dropped in a mild LS motor a matching transmission. And contacted painless for the wiring. It would had laid the original set up to waste for cheap. What you’re proposing doesn’t make much sense. Hence the response.

Edited by KARNUT

I'd be building the LS that's in there if there is one or swapping in a built LS.  It would be plug and play, PCM can be tuned, etc.  

Save the 427 for some old square body swap IMO.  Real easy to put that in one of those.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...