Differences between SLT and Texas Edition

Dazen

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 15 Sierra Texas Edition. I am just curious what the differences are between the SLT version and the TE, if there is any?

I've looked at some things online, but none of the information is consistent across the board. It's not super critical to know, its just for my peace of mind..

From what I can tell the Texas Edition (in 2015) is just a group of options added to a SLT.  Equipment content varies by model year and only available to dealers in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Texas Edition honestly is just the badge.  Its made up of normal options that you can get on any other SLT but with a "Texas Edition" badge.  Typically its the SLT Premium pack plus wheels and running boards.  

So just regular offered option packages combined together as one "new" package and then add the badge.  That's it.  Depending on the year, it "might" have had an option package discount of say $500?  Just like All Star on the Chevrolets there was always a bit of a discount when you added it versus ordering the packages that make All Star individually.  

Edited by newdude