Thermal Bypass Valve Inlet and Outlet

Gangly

Thanks Grumpy. 

I found a leak at the transfercase/transmission extension housing so I decided to go ahead and change the transfer case and transmission fluids.  I figured heck, since I'm changing fluids, I might as well upgrade the TBV with the Superior Solutions STL010 so I don't have to go through the whole heat up and cool down process to change fluids and check levels.  Then I got to thinking "hey, since I'm pulling these lines, I might as well do a "garage flush" for the transmission and I figured I would use one of the two ports on the TBV to do so.  If I cant flush from there, I'll disconnect from the cooler at the front of the truck and flush from there.  Now that I think about it, flushing from the cooler at the front is the much more logical location.

I'm just waiting on a few gaskets and seals to come in.  Amazingly, the gasket for the TBV is on a 1-2 week backorder, and the transmission output shaft seal is a couple weeks as well.

I'm rambling, I know.  Thanks again for the insight on the tubes, I appreciate it.

Edited by Gangly

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

That gasket is reusable. I've reused mine about 4 times trying different things. 

Thanks for the heads up, I can knock out the TBV install while I wait for the other parts.

• Like 1