Hey folks, I have a 2020 Silverado 2500 High Country Duramax. Last Oct a service warning came on advising me to service the park brake. Truck had a little over 35000 so I knew we had a warranty issue. Took to the dealer, they said it needs a new module, parts on order, safe to drive. Well, a few days later the Park brake lock on while I was backing up to hook up a trailer.  I had to disconnect the battery to release the brake. Took to the dealer, sat there for a month waiting on parts. Fast forward to now, while driving I strated to smell that familiar brake burning smell. Damned if the park brake didnt come on again. To supply as much detail as possible, the park brake light only comes on when I park it on a grade or activate it myself. Anyone run into this before? Thanks for listening.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:10 PM, GregGreg123 said:

Hey folks, I have a 2020 Silverado 2500 High Country Duramax. Last Oct a service warning came on advising me to service the park brake. Truck had a little over 35000 so I knew we had a warranty issue. Took to the dealer, they said it needs a new module, parts on order, safe to drive. Well, a few days later the Park brake lock on while I was backing up to hook up a trailer.  I had to disconnect the battery to release the brake. Took to the dealer, sat there for a month waiting on parts. Fast forward to now, while driving I strated to smell that familiar brake burning smell. Damned if the park brake didnt come on again. To supply as much detail as possible, the park brake light only comes on when I park it on a grade or activate it myself. Anyone run into this before? Thanks for listening.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, GregGreg123.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: GregGreg123/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com